Job Vacancy - Warehouse Assistant Manager
The Wine Company is a thriving independent and family-led wine business whose head office is based within an idyllic countryside business centre benefitting from easy access from Ipswich and Colchester via the A12. Our wine cellar shop and local distribution depots are located just a short drive away.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and practical assistant manager for our thriving despatch centre. The successful candidate will support the warehouse manager in running the company’s main warehouse and helping to manage and supervise a pool of temporary and part-time support staff. No wine experience is necessary, and you will be given full training on the business operation, whilst working alongside the manager day-to-day. You will be required to drive one of the company vans from time to time and a forklift truck, for which training will be provided. It is important that the successful candidate is physical fit, and a medical will be required at the time of the position being offered.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assisting in the running of the warehouse to the high standard set by the company
- Picking and packing orders for dispatch
- Helping to manage part-time and temporary staff
- Accurately managing the receiving, checking and storing of stock deliveries
- Updating stock records as required
- Help maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment for all team members
- General cellar maintenance as required
GENERAL SKILLS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Physically fit and able to pick and pack orders quickly and efficiently
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail Ideally
- Forklift truck training and experience
- Computer literate (training will be given on specific systems used)
- Able to drive a company delivery vehicle (must be age 25+)
- A desire to ‘do things properly’ and work as part of a team
The position is full-time Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm, based at our dispatch centre in Ardleigh, Nr Colchester. We will offer a competitive salary (dependant on experience), with the opportunity for overtime during peak times, 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you are interested and think you have what it takes to become part of this growing company, please email your CV & cover letter to Mark Cronshaw, Operations Director: email@example.com Friday 11th February 2022.